Kitchen Trends of 2020
- Category: News & Articles
- Created: Monday, 09 November 2020 09:42
Kitchen trends are ever-evolving. What’s in one year is out the next and design trends that were popular 10 years ago can easily turn into the “new” must-have look. With 2020 coming to a close, let’s look back at our favorite kitchen trends that are sure to make a comeback in 2021.
A white kitchen is welcoming and timeless. This look never seems to go out of style. If you’re looking to revamp your kitchen for this timeless look, there are a few necessary updates that should be incorporated:
- Update your cabinets – To get a true white kitchen look, it only makes sense to make sure your cabinets match.
- Update your countertops – Another focal point to update is your countertops. There are a variety of countertop options such as laminate, granite and marble to choose from.
- Consider adding backsplash – It isn’t a necessary update, but a touch. Adding a white backsplash against the countertops and cabinets adds to the overall design and texture.
Dark Wood Floors
With the popularity of light-colored kitchen looks this year, dark hardwood floors have been a go-to in 2020. Choosing a darker tone floor from the start allows for a variety of lighter options to be used in the rest of the room.
Pro tip: Consider choosing dark floors when you are using lighter kitchen cabinets and countertops. Go with a lighter floor option when choosing darker cabinets and countertops.
Another one of our favorite looks of 2020 is the textured kitchen. Adding texture to your kitchen is a great way to add depth to the room. If you’re considering renovating your kitchen to fit the textured look, consider these tips:
- Incorporate wood planks on the ceiling to add texture. The ceiling is often a forgotten area of the room. With the right design, you can make your ceiling a major focal point.
- Switch up the materials. Instead of doing sleek countertops with a sleek backsplash, consider mixing materials such as brick or stone with granite countertops.
- Opt for the textured kitchen cabinets. Add cabinets with raised edges or distressed wood.
No matter the look you are hoping to accomplish, Fischer Lumber can help! Our kitchen design team has the knowledge and experience to help create a kitchen that is sure to outlast the trends for years to come. Visit us today to start mapping out your design!